IGP (Intelligent Graphics Processor) is one of the most widely used printer languages in industrial processes. Traditionally, print printers have been used here. Matrix printers are an interesting alternative, however, since they allow the user to print at comparable speeds with higher quality and, above all, more cost-effectively.
IGP and VGL are emulations for the efficient processing of graphics:
- Boxes full surface or as a border
- Lines horizontally and vertically in variable line widths
- variable barcodes
- rotaded characters (90 ° / 180 ° / 270 ° / 360 °)
- Logos and graphic elements
- Reverse Print “white on black”
- Variable font sizes and font densities
This is possible with a very fast printing speed, but only a small data rate is required. Thus, without time delays in the ongoing work process, for forms such as:
- parts lists
- expiration Cards
to be printed.
Except in the production, and especially in the automotive sector, IGP is also very popular in the transport sector.
This interface is equipped with an Ethernet interface and supports IGP 10/20/40 control characters.